Note: This third-party plugin here is not an Add-On technically but a standalone plugin. We are recommending it and also supporting it with a special integration. That way, it makes total sense to run Toolbar Extras together with this great plugin.
🚀 Code Snippets is an easy, clean and simple way to run PHP code snippets on your site. It removes the need to add custom snippets to your theme theme’s functions.php file. A snippet is a small chunk of PHP code that you can use to extend the functionality of a WordPress-powered website; essentially a mini-plugin with less load on your site. Most snippet-hosting sites tell you to add snippet code to your active theme’s functions.php file, which can get rather long and messy after a while.
Code Snippets changes that by providing a GUI interface for adding snippets and actually running them on your site just as if they were in your theme’s functions.php file. Code Snippets provides graphical interface, similar to the Plugins menu, for managing snippets. Snippets can can be activated and deactivated, just like plugins. The snippet editor includes fields for a name, a visual editor-enabled description, tags to allow you to categorize snippets, and a full-featured code editor. Snippets can be exported for transfer to another side, either in JSON for later importing by the Code Snippets plugin, or in PHP for creating your own plugin or theme.
♥️ Features – What the Plugin Does
- Manage & organize code snippets directly in WordPress Admin Area
- Frees you from hacking your theme/ child theme – which is in no way recommended!
- Frees you from coding a functionality plugin
- Panic Constant for troubleshooting
- Import/Export functionality for re-using custom snippets
♥️ Toolbar Extras Integration
- Manage & settings directly in the Toolbar — have a look in the Site Group and New Content Group
- Optionally list all Code Snippets as sub items (listing), with various action links
- Use it to add the code snippets from our library here
- Install using the WordPress built-in Plugin installer (via Plugins > Add New – search for
code snippets), or extract the ZIP file and drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Manage & Organize your snippets via the left-hand admin menu – or alternatively directly from the Toolbar’s Site Group – via the Toolbar Extras plugin 😉
For Multisite: Network Activating Code Snippets through the Network Dashboard will enable a special interface for running snippets across the entire network.
Screenshots you’ll find on the WordPress.org plugin page
The plugin’s changelog you’ll find on the WordPress.org plugin page
The plugin’s FAQ/ Docs you’ll find on the official website
The plugin’s reviews you’ll find on the WordPress.org plugin page